Monday, June 26, 2006

New York senior has never missed a day of school


Nothing, not illness, injury, skipping, or family vacation, has ever caused New York high school senior Steven Reneau to miss a day of school. His streak has reached approximately 2,160 days, according to a New York Post article.
Reneau said he never thought about having perfect attendance until it was mentioned to him when he was in the eighth grade. After that, he said, it became important to him.
"From that point, my perfect attendance drove me to keep going," Reneau said. "There were days when I didn't want to go, but after not missing any days for so long, I didn't want to mess it up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome..i dont think i could ever do that.my cousin didnt miss a day in her high school years and got a free ride to college.